So, you’ve just bought your new home or you’re getting serious in your house hunting. As you navigate through the moving process, juggle kids, and deal with the day to day aspects of life, make the moving experience easier with these 5 tips.
- Decide to keep and throw. Don’t waste your time and energy moving garbage and other junk to your new home. If you no longer want it, love it, or can use it, throw it out. Better yet, donate it to a local charity or hold a yard sale. Who doesn’t want a little extra cash, especially when moving.
- Relocating your plants. Most people don’t tend to think of their plants during a move. Help keep your larger plants unbroken by wrapping them in old, large blankets. With plants that are smaller, place them securely in a box with paper around them to hold them still during the relocation.
- Moving the big things. When dealing with larger appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, washers, and dryers have a professional or someone who knows what they are doing disconnect them. With freezers and refrigerators, be sure to remove all the food from them, defrost, clean, and dry them before the move. Also, place any extra parts and screws in a plastic bag to keep them for getting lost or misplaced during the move.
- Consider your pet’s feelings. Help make your pets feel safe and happy during the move by providing them with a quiet place to settle their nerves. Also, make sure the address on your pet’s collar is updated with the new address in case they escape during the move. Once you are settled in your new digs, allow your pets to wander the home, supervised, to get used to their new home.
- Get your kids ready for the move. Take some time to help your kids adjust to the move by scoping out the neighborhood and surrounding parks, schools, and community organizations to see what will be available and where your kids can make new friends.
This is going to be a wonderful new adventure. Help ensure you are ready for it with these other tips from Home Creations.