We all have our little vices we would like to break—big or small. How do you move forward with changing your habits though and creating new ones that will support you in a more positive way? The Chopra Center breaks down the process for building better habits in six steps:
- Identify the Obstacle ~ what do you want to change?
- Present Moment Awareness ~ how do you feel when performing the unwanted behavior?
- Envision the New ~ the power of visualization
- Clear the Space ~ set a date for ending the habit
- Filling the Void ~ replace the unwanted behavior with a supporting one
What are some of the techniques you have used to overcome an unwanted behavior?