PREPARING FOR YOUR LENDER AND HOME MORTGAGE
- Full names of all purchasers as they are to appear on title.
- Social security numbers of all purchasers.
- Present residence address for all purchasers.
- Previous address for all purchasers going back two years if they have not resided in the present home for two years.
- Home, office, cell phone numbers.
- Present Employer: Name, address, and a contract person to send employment verification form.
- Explanation for any gap during 2 year history.
- Relocation letter for any transferees-giving dates, salary, new location, and any relocation benefits.
- Previous Employer: Name, address, and a contact person, going back 2 years if not present in job 2 full years.
- Present Salary: Year to date pay stubs and last 2 years’ W-2’s.
- If any variable income, commission, part-time income, bonus, overtime, interest income, etc., is being used to qualify: 2 years signed federal tax returns and W2’s and/or 1099’s.
- If self-employed: 2 years’ signed federal individual and corporate returns (if applicable). Also a profit or loss statement and balance sheet.
- Diploma or transcript if student during 2 year period.
- Rental Income: Copy of lease, which is current and at least one year in length.
- Alimony and Child Support (only if used for qualification): Copy of final divorce decree and property settlement setting out terms. Proof of payment will also be requested at application.
- Income from notes held: A copy of the note.
- Retirement, Social Security and Disability Income: Copy of award letter and latest check showing amount of present payment. Copy of end of year statement if applicable.
- Bank Accounts: name of bank, address, account numbers, types of accounts, and present balances. With checking, use average balances.
- Copy of two most recent statements of all accounts.
- Stocks & Bonds: Copy of certificates or copy of recent (within 30 days) broker statement listing the holdings.
- Life Insurance: Cash value, only if being used for down payment.
- Vehicles: Year, make, and value. Copy of title if under 4 years old with no outstanding lien.
- Real Estate: Address and market value. If free and clear, provide mortgage payoff documents.
- Present Home: Copy of sales contract, settlement sheet and/or lease.
- Gift Letter (if applicable): Form will be provided by loan officer. Donor Capacity must be verified. Receipt of funds must be shown in account.
- Credit Cards: Account numbers and outstanding balances.
- Loans: (Auto, Mortgage, Personal, Student, etc.): Name of institution, address, account numbers, outstanding balances, monthly payments, months left on loan. 12 months’ statements or canceled checks for present mortgage.
- Alimony and Child Support: Copy of Certified Divorce Decree and property settlement setting out terms.
- Certificate of Eligibility: To obtain certificate, you will need a DD-214 (Separation of Service) or if in the Service you will need a Statement of Service signed by Commanding Officer of Personnel Officer (Your lender will assist you in obtaining these documents.)
- If in the Service, you will need Authorization to Live Off Base (DD-1717 from Housing Office) and Transfer Orders (if applicable) (Your lender will assist you in obtaining these documents.)